Python interface for libuv.
libuv is a high performance asynchronous networking library used as the platform layer for NodeJS. It’s built on top of liev and libeio on Unix and IOCP on Windows systems providing a consistent API on top of them.
libuv is written and maintained by Joyent Inc. and contributors.
pyuv’s source code is hosted on GitHub
- Non-blocking TCP sockets
- Non-blocking named pipes
- UDP support
- Child process spawning
- Asynchronous DNS resolution (getaddrinfo)
- Asynchronous file system APIs
- Thread pool scheduling
- High resolution time
- System memory information
- System CPUs information
- Network interfaces information
- ANSI escape code controlled TTY
- File system events
- IPC and TCP socket sharing between processes
- Arbitrary file descriptor polling
- Thread synchronization primitives